Tuesday 5 April 2016

INTERVIEW OF NAIMA BHATTI

Plz mind upper lower ( capital and small) only proper noun should be capitalised : District, and city are not proper noun
radio Pakistan is proper noun
Grammatical mistakes
This is Kunri not Kundri
 Para Space for each answer

INTERVIEW with a young broadcaster NAIMA BHATTI


by Fatima Jawaid             2K15/MC/28

Naima Bhatti born in District Umerkot, City Kundri and spend her childhood over there she did her Bsc and Msc in Zoology. Started her job in Karachi in medicines and in 2005 in Mithi Tharparkar was assigned a duty of a guest producer and produce many regional programs. In 2009 became assistant producer transformed her job to radio Pakistan Karachi. Since 2011 she is now working in Radio Pakistan Hyderabad and giving her duties for 5 years. She Did her Masters regular in 2012 in Mass Communication from University of Sindh.

This is repetition of introduction put additional info of this question into introduction.
Q: Tell me about yourself and your educational experience?
A: I am basically from Umerkot, City Kundri Pak I did my intermediate in biology then I did my bsc from district Umerkot. Then for the first time in 2005 when Shaukat Aziz launched FM 108 I started my carrier from Mithi Tharparkar in radio on FM 108 as a guest producer on a contract. Produced many regional programs. In 2007 in a ‘All over Pakistan Survey’  Mithi Tharparkar was on top in its programs. In 2009 became a assistant producer and got my trainings. Transformed to radio Pakistan Karachi worked about 1 year on Prime Time, took many personalities interview programs, student program, womens program, sports program. I am myself Urdu speaking but I have command on Sindhi, Marvari, Dhatki and Punjabi  languages too. In 2011 joined Radio Pakistan Hyderabad In 2012 I did my masters in Mass Communication from University of Sindh and got Second postion. I have been always getting positions through out my academic years. Its abut 4,5 years I’m working here in Radio Pakistan Hyderabad as a producer and produced many programs ‘’ Sub Pakistan Rabta’’ ‘’Hum Nojawan’’ on national level and produced many programs for students.

Q: What are a Responsibilities of a Producer?
A:  A Producer is like a Pilot for every work going under him or her. The major responsibility of a producer is to keep in mind and check that what our audience wants to listen. And to always come up with some new varieties. Creativity is important for  a Producer. Radio is the world of voice so a producer should produce programs according to the categories like according economy, psychology, socially so that may be beneficial for the listeners. Either the program is acceptable for them or not. If you are following all these responsibilities then you are a good producer. Radio always provides a platform for the new talent, also women’s encouragement.
Q:  You belong to a backward area so how did you faced all the problems?
A: I’m really blessed that by the Grace of Allah I got so much support from my parents which is really a important thing. My father had always supported me a lot. Whatever today I’m is just because of my Father. Because I had never thought to be here or to even complete my education in media because from where I belong that environment is too sophisticated and covered environment for girls. so apart from all that I crossed my tough journey which wasn’t possible for me if my parents wouldn’t have supported me. I’m the first girl in my area who went for university for higher studies.
Q:  How would you justify the fact that the job of radio is not as progressive and lucrative as other professions?
A: I’ll be saying negative ( re-word this sentence, this is wrong English) for this because internationally and after modern technology radio has become portable. If even any connection has been dropped due to any disaster the radio is the only medium to provide news and information. Radio is used only at that time.
Q: Which out of these are important in your Profession? Knowledge, Humor, Intelligence?
A: All these three are important but Knowledge is must including confidence. If suppose you are prepare for your today’s show with your script but suddenly there goes something unusual like a Marshall law so at a time you have to speak on that you have to get on air with that program without any hesitation so this could be only possible if one has a knowledge that how to cope in such situations.
Q: What preparations do you do before your show starts?
A: Before starting any program you must know your topic on which you have to speak, including arrangements, script which has to be written before, then we have to wett a term used in our radio which means to edit and to check that script. There are three production stages first is pre production then production and last post production.
Q: What future do you see of radio in Pakistan in this fast technology world?
A: It’s the era of FM, the busiest era in which we have no time to watch tv or news. but radio is listened all over the world because of FM. Since FM has invented there has been a lot of changes now as it is potable. Young generation is getting attracted towards it.
Q:  Where do you see yourself in future?
A: It’s the era of fast groomed media. So for radio its really a good opportunity as its range has also increased. There are many scholarships opportunities also provide for the producers like voice of America, china japan urdu services. and radio provide alot opportunities to learn from international media and I’m looking forward for those scholarships.
Q: What is your opinion regarding media communication studies?
A: Its really a great field being myself a student of media communication I would say that today nothing is hidden in this world. Everything can be exposed (of) through media. The voice can be raised through media and through media we can turn other people’s mind too.
Q: What’s the difference between private media and state media?
A: In State Media there is no Sensation, Peaceful atmosphere, Standard programs, well language used, no promotion of any other country’s culture or song especially India private media  are only promoting to Pakistan and its culture. Whereas, in private everything is totally opposite you can see everything is with more sensation and suspense, fakeness and glamour they are promoting other countries culture which you won’t found here in state media.
Q: Do you want to give suggestion to your juniors to jon their carrier in radio?
A: They should definitely join radio and experience the atmosphere of radio as well but first complete your education and don’t take any work light do it with your dedication and commitment and interest and you are a media student and before joining radio you must be well aware about current affairs , read books and stay impartial.
Q: The scope of media is touching sky so what message would you give to your juniors while studying media?
A:  ‘’ There are many difficulties present in our ways but if we work hard we get success and twinkle like a star all over the world’’

Interview with broadcaster Naima Bhatti 
This practical work was conducted under supervision of Sir Sohail Sangi at Department of Media and Communication Studies, University of Sindh, Jamshoro (April 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment