Tuesday 5 April 2016

Interview of Haris Agha by Sobia Saleem

 Personality is weak. What achievement on his account is? There are hundreds and thousands of social workers. If any thing, u fail to mention it



Interview with Syed Haris Agha, Social Worker & A Youth Activist
by Sobia Saleem
Roll Number : 2K15/MC/84
 Interview category:  Interview (Subjective)

Introduction: Syed Haris Agha, volunteer, social worker founder of NGOs like “Quetta online”, “Organization for youth development”,” Agha welfare” from the most disturb province of Pakistan (Balochistan). His dream is to educate the uneducated, and treat the untreated. Currently studying in Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS).

               ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I was also motivated by Edhi sahib, And my motto in life is to help others.
My work is enough for the critics, critics motivates me.
I always wanted to help the people of my soil. Due to the lack of opportunities they are frustrated and majority are going on wrong path like terrorism, robbery etc . I just wanted to help them that's what i tried and still trying to accomplish.”
                 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Q : Tell in detail about your organization and its function. (Reformulate this question, wording not good)

 Ans: My organization is based on the welfare of youth and needy people. It's a volunteer based organization we work for the welfare and betterment it non political organization and organization works without any discrimination.

Q : What made you get into social work?

Ans : I would say that most people who enter the social work profession are motivated by the desire to help others as well as the desire to change their world. I was also motivated by Edhi sahib. Certainly anyone desiring this profession would be interested in helping others rather than making money. And my motto in life is to help others .Social workers are often the front line for protecting children and families from harm. They have a great opportunity to generate change. And now I am able to protect those in trouble and set them on a better path.

Q : How does it feel to be a young Pakistani to work as a social worker?
 Ans: Yeah! It feels great ,Pakistan, a land that has become synonymous with ‘versatile’ crime, crude jokes about Talibanisation in the West and a euphemism for all that is dark and grey. There are always two sides to a coin; the first side is seldom the accurate or the complete picture. Showing world the brighter side of my country is my top priority

Q : Why did you make up your mind for social work? What were you trying to accomplish?
Ans :  I always wanted to help the people of my soil. Due to the lack of opportunities they are frustrated and majority are going on wrong path like terrorism, robbery etc . I just wanted to help them that's what i tried and still trying to accomplish

 Q : How hard was it to make such a step?
Ans :  As a young man and a single person I faced many obstacles reaching my dream to come true . Faced many criticism. people said I am doing to for my personal sake and now they are following and praising me.

Q : Do you feel a responsibility in making such organization?
Ans : Yeah it's a big responsibility, to manage volunteers and making precise decision is not an easy task.

 Q : Where do you think Pakistani youth is going these days?
Ans : They are destroying their time on smart phones and social media. They are not only destroying  their own future but indirectly they are harming Pakistan’s future. As youth is considered back bone of any nation.

Q : What do they need to do in order to correct their direction?
 Ans : They must know and feel their responsibilities and do some thing practical on ground for the betterment of society.  They must feel their responsibility,at least for their bright future they need to realize their worth, their reason of being existed on this land.

 Q : What else your social services are beside your NGOs i-e  Quetta online, Organization for youth development , Agha welfare?
Ans :  I volunteer for every social cause! As I am core member of civil society always busy in different tasks.

Q : Enlighten us with your few experiences in this field of work.

Ans :  Dewwar-e-mehrabani, Distribution of ration in Ramadan,Sports activities,Distribution of books, admission of needy children in schools etc, etc.

 Q: What’s next?
Ans :  To recognise my social organisations internationally.

Q : As a youngster are there any hindrances you face in doing such work? & How you face your critics?
Ans :My answer is no, as I haven’t faced any hindrances yet in doing my work. I found people very cooperative; I don’t know is it my good fortune or what. Haha.

Q : How you face your critics?
Ans :   My work is enough for the critics, critics motivates me.

Q : What do you want to accomplish? What is your ultimate goal?
Ans : I want to make a cancer hospital in my province and university for the girls in my province.

 Q  : What would you like to say to those who wanting to do the same?
Ans : Take a step ahead , you will face difficulty but it the end you feel joy and happiness in working for others without any personal interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment