Monday 4 April 2016

interview with Tanveer Junejo

Good

Interview with  Tanveer Junejo 
by Nimra Aamir Ali Pathan
BS. II
2k15/MC/103
‘A woman is strong enough if her family is supportive towards her.’  Tanveer Junejo


Tanveer Junejo is renowned short story writer, teacher and rights activist. She is playing her role for society in a responsible way. She was born on 6th of February, 1952 in a small town of Dadu district Pat Sharif. She got her early education from village and did M.A Sociology from University of Sindh, Jamshoro in 1973. After that, she did her Ph.D from University of Sindh.  She served as chairperson of Department of Sociology in this mother institute and she contributed her many books on women rights in Sindhi literature. Now she is retired.





Q: How you saw university in your job period?
Ans. The university seemed quite good to me that it became my ideal to do job there initially the university environment was pleasant but it worsened slowly and gradually.

Q: Tell your experience as a student?
Ans. Student life was great and cheerful along with teachers who were highly qualified besides that there were no clashes between sindhi and muhajir communities.

Q: Mostly the working women avoid marriages why you have not choose to marry?
Ans.  I do not like to be bound in certain limits this is the reason I did not marry in my life because I am the women of my freedom.

Q: What is competition?
Ans. People today compete in order to get achievement which by the time results in the conflict among them and the opposite party so according to me competition should not be performed to harm anyone.

Q: Being a women, you have a sustainable life what would you say about today’s generation?
Ans. The women of today’s era are self-made and confident about themselves. I must say there is a big difference between the time that I have spent my life in and the time today where girls are progressing the women were respected in my time and now they hardly get respected in male dominated society.

Q: How much strong is a woman?
Ans. A woman is a strong human being. If she belongs from an open-minded family and has a healthy family background then she definitely is known as a strong women.

Q: You played an active role in all fields of life what is the reason behind this?
Ans.  I have never been much active in my life I have worked in radio programmes for women studies. This is the way I have contributed something to the society otherwise I did not keep telling everyone my services and my contribution.

Q: What are the effects of geography in history and sociology of society?
Ans. Culture comes to life on the basis of geography. We change our whole  lifestyle with the help of geography for instance there is not water available in Thar due to which the innocent children are being expired day by day and which automatically effects on the health of all the living beings dwelling there.

Q: How will you describe the sociology of Sindh today? Why and how it has changed?
Ans. Sociology includes all the main aspect i.e., politics culture etc., you may observe the vast changes in Sindh due to which out atmosphere has been changed all we need is to move forward with our minds clear and a clear planning.

Q: Women harassment bill has already passed but still non-working women utilize it why?
Ans. A women today knows how to compete in a right manner and has the ability to leave the man behind.


This practical work was carried under guidance of Sir Sohail Sangi, at Department of Mass Communication University of Sindh Jamshoro (April 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment